The lectures on April 17 and 24 will not take place in class, but by working on the tasks described in this document: TasksAprilMay
There are four tasks:
- Review the content of the first six lectures and answer 10 questions about it. The questions are in the above document, the answers should be submitted by a form on the Internet (link in the document and here)
- Read about the CEFR levels on a given website and write your Europass language profile on another given website. Be ready to talk about your experience in the next class.
- (opitional, but recommended) Listen to a TED talk about the key to successful language learning and answer 2 questions. Please send your answers to the teacher via e-mail.
- Explore language learning tools on the Internet and/or as mobile phone applications.
- First lecture: MALL2019_01_2702
- Second lecture: MALL2019_02_0603
- Third lecture
- Fourth lecture
- Fifth lecture: MALL2019_05_2703
- Sixth lecture: MALL2019_06_0104
Questionnaires on learning strategies and learning styles
- Cohen, Oxford & Chi: Language strategy inventory (by skills): CohenStratInventory
- Oxford: SILL Strategy inventory for language learning: SILL survey
- Cohen, Oxford & Chi: Learning style survey: Learning_Style_Survey_Assessing_Your_Own_Learning_
Suggested reading on the history of SLA research: Chapter 2 of Mitchell & Myles 1998