Winter semester 2020/2021
Until further notice, classes are conducted online at MS Teams.
Obligatory classes for first year students
- Documentary linguistics 1 (prof. Tomasz Wicherkiewicz)
- Spoken language analysis 1 (prof. Maciej Karpiński)
- Language typology and descriptive linguistics (prof. Krzysztof Stroński)
- English for academic purposes
- MA Seminar: research methods in linguistics (one class taught by four teachers: prof. Katarzyna Klessa, prof. Maciej Karpiński, prof. Tomasz Wicherkiewicz, prof. Krzysztof Stroński)
Selective classes of the module “Methods and Applications”: first year students may choose one or take both
- Sociolinguistics (prof. Tomasz Wicherkiewicz)
- Corpus linguistics (dr Viktoria Kamasa and prof. Katarzyna Klessa)
- Foreign language: Lithuanian (dr Jowita Niewulis); for other languages consult with dr Niewulis, she will tell you what you can choose and where to find the class; German and French will be among the offer.
See the program description and comments for the whole study program here: ELLDoPlan2020_22
SECOND YEAR STUDENTS…
- take Spoken language analysis 1,
- take both clasess of the module Methods and Applications (if you haven’t had two in yur first year),
- take one or more selective classes as “Additional lecture” (consult with prof. Klessa),
- continue English for Academic Purposes (ends with egzamin)
- continue their selected Foreign Language,
- continue the MA seminar with their supervisor.